Saturday, July 16, 2011

Two Events

Mia accomplished another milestone today. She rolled over on her own. I missed it as everyone else. I was at yoga. Mike put her in the floor gym on her back and went to the family room. When he came back, Mia was on her tummy. He thought my mom flipped her but my mom was cooking. They were delighted to learn that she did it on her own. I hope to see her in action next time.

In the morning we tried for the first time to give Mia solid food. Mike grinded brown rice into powder and we cooked it for a long time until it was soft. I tried one spoonful. However she was pushing the spoon out and was not interested. When I tried the third time, she pushed my spoon away and the cereal dropped on her chest. My mom was happy that Mia rejected the food because she was so worried baby would get indigestion from the brown rice. Well, I guess she is just not ready yet. We will wait for a couple more weeks. But I won't grind the rice any more. I've found out that there is a ton of premade baby cereal choices at the store.