Saturday, August 6, 2011

Birthday Party & Anniversary Lunch

Mia was invited to Drew's birthday party today next door. Drew is turning five and this is Mia's first party invitation. We went at noon. There were so many children. It's a brand new life and world for us now. In the past I'd be so bored and driven crazy by all the noises. Now I am living through it and I am still finding everything a novelty.

After the party,  we went out for lunch to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. The date is tomorrow but I did not want to ruin Mia's nap two days in a row so we went today instead. It was pouring when we got to the restaurant. Mike dropped us off first. When he came by, he had the diaper bag in one hand and a red rose in the other. My husband of seven years, the romantic, did not forget the little things that would make me happy. The rose sat quietly on the white table linen.  I gobbled down everything in front of me as usual. The only unusal thing for this year was we had Mia yapping next to me in the car seat. In one day, we will be officially out of the 7th year itch and stepping into the 8th. I feel as pretty as the day when I married him and I love him more now since he is a wonderful dad.