Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Marathon Fever

Mia had a flu shot last Tuesday. She was ok on Wednesday and suddenly developed a fever on Friday. It's been six days. She would range from 100 to 104, especially during the night. We gave her different medicine but none brought the fever down. Mike went in Monday morning but she did not have a fever or any infection. At night again it spiked to 103. After giving her Tylenol for over  a day since then, I took her in again this afternoon. The pediatrician ordered a CBC, a strep test and a uriine test. We await test result in suspicion of a virus. We had some sleep deprived nights this week. Yesterday at work I was in meetings from 8:30 to 6:30 without lunch break. The longest meeting which I ran took three hours at the end of the day. I was zapped. Good thing that the fever went down today below 100. I am hoping a good recovery this weekend. I still want to take her to the Pumpkin Festival.