Saturday, June 1, 2013

Mia's New Room


The new bedroom furniture arrived last weekend and the new mattress this weekend. I put up purple decals to decorate Mia's new room. Purple is her favorite color. Our plan is to graduate her from the baby's room to the new room. To welcome her into the transition, I decided to put up some paintings. I bought some canvas and did some Youtube search on oil painting. Friday night I sketched and modified the outlines on the canvas. Saturday I spent two hours doing my first oil painting project. Too bad I did not know I needed linseed oil to thin the oil so I don't quite have different depth and shades of the colors but the paintings turned out to fine. For me it was quite a therapeutic session. I really enjoyed it. After I was done, I could not wait for them to dry. They were on the wall immediately for my instant gratification. Mia ended up touching one of the birds and smeared it a little bit.