Friday, January 21, 2011

My Mommy Principles – Pre-Motherhood

I have been thinking about things I want to do when I become a mom and a few principles I must uphold to maintain my own identity rather than purely being somebody’s mom. These may all become invalid once I stare into my baby’s eyes. I may become one of THOSE moms. It’s all possible but it would be interesting to see the pre- and post pictures of my mindset.
  • Buy a baby sling and wear the baby out even when she’s fairly young
  • Sleep train the baby
  • Breast feed her but also bottle train her
  • Continue to practice yoga
  • Still have dates with hubby (with and sometimes without the baby)
  • Travel abroad with her (first target date/destination: May 2012/China & Japan)
  • Travel abroad without her (train hubby to take care of her independently)
  • Still have girls’ night out once in a while and enjoy my friends and allow hubby to do the same
  • Don’t hover over when she becomes a teenager; don’t be overly protective; don’t be overly conservative (think about what I wanted to do that my mom did not want me to do…)
  • Teach her to have faith