Friday, August 9, 2013

Pouting in a different form

Mia wanted chocolates today after dinner even though she got her cookies already. When I said no,she started a temper tantrum and drooled all over the floor and dinner table. I told her she would never get her way through crying and it was gross to drool all over the house. After having her fit to no avail, she picked up a teddy bear and her lammy and left the kitchen...

I heard her walking upstairs and followed her in a few minutes. When I saw her, she was in her bed, wrapped in her baby blanket, her usual safety object. Unlike the usual howling when she doesn't get her ways, she was sobbing into the bear silently. It immediately melted me down. I went over to hug her and told her why I could not give her the chocolate and offered her watermelon. She was open to it and we ended the episode.

I realized today that my girl had grown up and now started to suppress her feelings and turn away from babish outcry. She is now developing complex emotions like any of us and I need to be more watchful of what I say and do in front of her.