Sunday, August 4, 2013

Stump report & Big Sis Woes

Kenzie's stump fell off today at day 11 of her little life. It took Mia five frustrating weeks of no bath, one doctors visit and countless skin problems as the result of the late blooming. I was really relieved. In two days we will have a real bath.

She has been a trooper in eating as well. Compared to the snacker Mia, she eats at least 20 minutes each time. During the night, she has been taking about 4 oz, which is remarkable for a one week old. She eats every two to three hours unlike Mia at every hour. I only feed her twice at night and she lasts till five AM.

Meanwhile Mia has been undeniably a pain in the butt. She has been crying for no good reason three times a day, acting like a baby, and throwing temper tantrums. She's been tormenting mike whose main responsibility is the first daughter these days. I lost it today while taking care of both as mike went grocery shopping. I know why she is acting like this. It has been hard for her with Kenzie sharing the attention. I felt guilty tonight as I put lotion on her arms in her sleep. She didn't even eat dinner today since she had no nap and had an hour of episode near dinner till she exhausted herself and fell asleep. She seemed like such a big kid now. It felt like overnight she grew up and is no longer my little baby girl. Even though as my first born, she still commands most of my attention and takes a special tender spot in my heart. Sometimes I wonder if I would ever love Kenzie the same way. I kissed her little cheek and promised to be more patient with her in the future.