Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mantra

Last Sunday, I went to the prenatal yoga class for the second time during pregnancy. This was a different teacher and I enjoyed her class much better. I've been going to the standard class for the past eight months and just did my own adjustment as needed. Last night in the Hatha Flow class, I realized that it was becoming quite difficult for me to do a chaturanga as my belly was touching the floor no matter what at this point. I changed the pose into a cat-cow stretch.

As it is getting closer to the big date, with the prediction of baby being over 9 pounds, I am starting to panic a little because I really don't want to go through a C-section. This morning we had another OB visit when the doctor announced that I might only have an option for a "trial of labor". There was talk on inducing the baby at 39 weeks and a future discussion on elective C-section. I felt dizzy right then (partly because I rose up from the examination table too quickly, partly because of hearing the "C" word. ) I had to lie down, rest and try to calm my nerves. The unforeseen future was a blow to my head. I threw up my breakfast afterwards.

Sunday's teacher in closing the class asked us to repeat the following:" I trust in the wisdom of my body; I trust in the wisdom of my baby; I trust in the devine light." I've been thinking about this. No matter what, baby is going to come. All kinds of women did this before me and they made it! I should trust that the best will come out this experience and my baby is going to be safe and sound.