Friday, March 11, 2011

First Stroller Ride

There will be many moments like this: Mia's first ...

Today I am officially done with the month. Weather forecast predicts sunny in the upper 50s. We decide to take Mia out for her first walk in the neighborhood. For someone who hates reading instruction manuals, I try my best to make sense of the stroller manual. Mom and I spend ten minutes to dress her in her hat, snow suit and pant. She protests violently since she has just woken up. We have to seize the moment before she drifts off to la la land again. We then spend another five minutes to figure out how to secure her with the safety belt. By now, she's pissed. We finally carry the stroller down the front stairs and head to the cul de sac. Shortly we realize it's a fairly windy day. Mom being overly protective, urge me to go home immediately. I turn the stroller so I don't walk against the wind. We stop for two seconds to snap a couple photos for this "historic" moment. In less than two minutes, we are back at the front door. The little one has fallen asleep during this huge production!