Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mom's Milestone

Today I resume yoga. It was a sunny day. As I drove to the studio, my heart was light with happy anticipation. At the parking lot, I saw one of the regulars. She noticed immediately that I had the baby. Yes, I unloaded! I showed her one of Mia's pictures taken at one month.  In class I showed her picture to another fellow yogi. Like any new mom, I was eager to show my baby off.

After months of protecting the belly and not touching the floor at all or over-straining my core, a simple chaturanga was tough. I felt that I lost my touch. Even though I continued to do most poses at month 8 and was able to do head stands at week 30, I felt that I had to relearn a few poses because my center of balance was completely changed! Overall it was a good practice. The fact that I was able to break away and do something for myself was satisfying on its own.

When I got home, Mia just woke up. She was fed and seemed content. I hurried to plant a kiss on her little cheek and thanked her for letting me have a little mom's time today.