Monday, June 20, 2011

First Day with Nanny

Today is Mia's first day with nanny RK. RK arrived at the house at 6:40 because she did not pass her driver's license test and was dropped off earlier than scheduled start of 8 AM. I was already on the road and did not see her. Mike called me later to report on progress. Mia took 4 oz this morning. They had a walk and RK read to her. Mike said she did not know how to test the temperature of the milk, which concerned me. It's really tough for me to leave my sweet pea in a stranger's hands. Good thing my mom will be around for another month and Mike still has four days to observe and train. I have Friday off, I can't wait!

Work has been quite overwhelming and I have little time to digress and think about Mia. But at the back of my mind, she's ALWAYS there. I stare at her pictures on my desk, reminding myself I am doing all this for her. Now I have a newly found appreciation for working moms. It is really not easy.