Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Separation Anxiety

I went back to work today. I was so swamped the entire day I could hardly have time to dwell on the baby. My heart was heavy with worries when I heard my mom say Mia struggled with the bottle. She ate only 5 oz from 4:30 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon. She also only took a very short nap since I usually hugged her to sleep and we could both go for two hours. I did not cry though as I thought I would even though I missed snuggling with her and I missed her coos and giggles.

I found the lactation room to enable the continuation of breast feeding. As long as I can, I will pump for a few more months to give her the most benefits.

When I got home, she looked like she did not recognize me. I hugged her tight and fed her. The little one ate and ate as if there would be no tomorrow. I hope for a better day for her and me tomorrow.