Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hibachi & Sewing

 We went to Benihana today and Mia had her first Hibachi experience. The smoke might not have been so great for her since she started coughing a little today. It was quick. She had a little bit of scallop for the first time and had some stired fried rice and mushrooms.

We went to Joan Fabrics to get some elastic laces and fabrics. I got a sewing machine from my in-laws for Christmas and it created some enthusiasm in me last night. I decided I was going to make a sun dress for Mia. I am good with handle sewing but I had never sewn with a machine in my life. I found some DIY instruction for making a sun dress online. I am going to attempt to set up the sewing machine myself today. Back in high school, my dream was to become a fashion designer. When I grew up, I still love fashion but not the design part so much. Maybe now it's time to rekindle my old passion and become a baby fashion designer. :)

We also found another gate today so the entire staircase is now fully blocked, bottom and up. Mia is restricted to the 1st floor now.