Saturday, January 7, 2012

Vision Board

Today I went to Angel's for the 2012 Vision Board Party. Basically we cut out pictures and/or words from magazines and make collages on a paper board to present our own vision for the new year. It's not so much of new year resolution or even goals. It's just a vision of what we may want to be or work on or simply day dreams for the year. For me I made up several themes: Family Life, Love, Health, Work, More for a mom (what I want to do for myself), Friends, Travel and General Mindset. For Mia, I want to be able to enjoy motherhood more and not see it as the end of my life rather a beginning of a new life. I also want to create a safe environment for her, cook healthy food for her and develop good/diverse eating habit for her and simply have fun. For myself, on top of the list, I'd like to go to the beach (does not have to be fancy, just anywhere with water), Japan/China is still on the list but has to wait till work situation settles down. I'd like to do the peacock stance without wall in yoga class and continue to tone myself and regain my flat belly. For relationship, I'd like to go on more dates with Mike, go travel and stay at a cottage somewhere, take a cooking class, and be more loving towards him. I'd like to spend more time with friends and pick up where I left off since I got pregnant... enjoy some cocktails and occassional vodka shots, chocolates! For general mindset, I'd like just being me but pursuing calm, joy, letting loose... and working on not getting late. For work, I want to learn new skills and be ready for change and anything.